May 26, 2022, 10:04:41 AM

News:

Los Lobos.org  - Official Los Lobos Website                              Los Lobos Merchandise Store Online

Official Latin Playboys Site Online                                                Dan Gale's Los Lobos Setlist Site

David singing in French

Started by njwolf, January 20, 2021, 06:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njwolf

This came out in 2004 but I just discovered it today on YouTube. It's from the album Creole Bred: A Tribute to Creole & Zydeco that was put together by Ann Savoy. Dave plays accordion and sings on "Mon Conne La Cause."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLefGA_ZM_I

notimewarp

January 20, 2021, 09:52:09 PM #1 Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:58:59 PM by notimewarp
There used to be a short, maybe 20 minutes or so video on the recording of this record on YouTube. A lotta people who didn't really do Zydeco type stuff paired with real Zydeco musicians. Dave, Cyndi Lauper, Tom Tom Club, I think maybe Taj Majal (could be wrong on that one). Dave actually plays the drums (and sings) on this. I forget who the accordion player was... Cool record...

EDIT: Geno Delafose on accordian
She said "Why don't you come over to my place? There's nobody home". So I went over to her place... There was nobody home...

njwolf

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize David plays drums, not accordion on this track. Ann Savoy did a similar album on Cajun music called "Evangeline Made" that featured artists like John Fogerty, Nick Lowe, and Maria McKee performing Cajun songs.

Bart Cornand