Author Topic: Why such a lack of recordings lately????  (Read 571 times)

Offline rovalle

Re: Why such a lack of recordings lately????
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 10:42:06 PM »
I try and go to everything I can, but as I get older I get more selective.  That said I try and hit every show I can within 4-6 hours, but work and age do get in the way...And let's face it none of us have that much time, in the big scheme of things.

As I look at the tour schedule for the rest of the year it's slowly dawned on me this might be the first year I miss a show of some kind in nearly 35 years...I keep looking for something within my half day drive radius but nothing so far...weird...I blew off some shows I could've made earlier in the year...was thinking of Austin on my Birthday in November (airfare from Phoenix to Austin right now is about $210 r/t, not bad) and BBQ to boot...gotta think there's a decent roots music shop there too...
2nd groucho-priest encounter, nyc hotel lobby
priest "aren't you groucho marx?"
groucho "yes i am"
priest "i want to thank you for all the joy you've put in the world"
groucho "and i want to thank you for all the joy you've taken out of it"

Offline rovalle

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 07:36:43 AM »
yeah, i hear you...but really you raise a solid question

i remember when etree moved FAST...like i'd upload a show and within hours it would be pushed to page 2

the Santa Cruz show just got to page 2 this morning...and that's only because Phish is playing 13 straight nights at MSG and there is a flood of different sources for those...otherwise the Santa Cruz show would still be in the middle of page 1

honestly i think tapers are just getting old and going to fewer shows
<--------------------------(guilty)

Thank God for the "Hide Phish" button!  :yack:
groucho "yes i am"

Offline Steve J

• The Mighty Favog
  • Admin
  • The Might Favog
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
Just an aside: I rather enjoy explaining to those Phish fans that are uninformed that Phish didn't write "When The Circus Comes To Town"   :shifty:
Humans are the only animals that follow unstable leaders.

Offline skaggs

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 07:41:32 PM »
But Bobby doesn't Cumbia...  :o

Thanks Ric, I can't unsee the mental image of Bobby in his short shorts and pink polo attempting to Cumbia. 

Offline JesseTheLawyer

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 12:19:27 PM »

also - regarding Jesse's post above mine - my dime account has been suspended re: inactivity...is that my SBD/AKG matrix?

Crack-
No, that recording on Dime is from Ras.

Great discussion!

I'll take the chance to express my deepest gratitude to all recordists of the greatest rock band of all time.  Often, listening to your recordings make my daily life a better place to be -- Some days that is a very tall order and I am not overstating things (no matter how gushy that sounds).

(Aside: My trying not be gushing about this band and you recordists is like Crack saying he'll try not to come across as an ass  :lmao: [I owe you that for showing me your imitation of me dancing.....very troubling because it was so accurate <3].)

Interesting comments about the GD -- They taught me a few things, and one was how to listen to music. I'm a guy who doesn't have much else going on in my life -- Passion for live music is very deep, it is what feeds my soul.  The GD also introduced me to music I would never know of otherwise.

I love LL more than any other artist for so many reasons -- And I am indebted to them for all the music they have introduced me and how they always broaden my knowledge of musical history. A quick gander at some of my recent downloads shows the artists I first saw/learned of because of LL: Alejandro Escovedo; David Lindley; Cafe Tacuba; Lila Downs; Blasters/Alvins; LP3 & the Tragedy (Yay!); Calexico(?); Doug Sahm; Delgado Bros.; Catch 22; The Modernettes; Los Centzontles; Max & Josh Baca; The 44s; Little Willie G.; Richard Thompson; and that duo of orthodontists from Tijuana playing some Mexi-Techno who opened Fillmore shows a few years back; etc. etc.

Rovalle tells of his enjoyment of telling Phish fans who wrote When the Circus Comes to Town -- And I get it:
Go and tell some JGB fans who wrote Evangeline -- Good times!

So, all you recordists, your efforts and investments and spreading the music -- You all will leave this world a better place than it was without you -- I have some love for y'all  :yahoo: :-*

Peace, ese

So,
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:41:55 PM by JesseTheLawyer »
Thank You, Music Lovers

Offline rovalle

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »
Rovalle tells of his enjoyment of telling Phish fans who wrote When the Circus Comes to Town...

Not me ese..I don't know any   ;) I'm in self imposed isolation...
groucho "yes i am"

Offline Steve J

• The Mighty Favog
  • Admin
  • The Might Favog
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 12:07:03 PM »
I think the closest Ric gets to a Phish fan is when he brushes past the Phish Food when reaching for the Chunky Monkey.   :drool:
Humans are the only animals that follow unstable leaders.

Offline Cdrtree

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 04:10:18 PM »
Rovalle tells of his enjoyment of telling Phish fans who wrote When the Circus Comes to Town

That's not a Phish song? <insert the blow my mind emoji here>

Offline rovalle

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 09:58:27 PM »
Ok one time about 17 years ago or so my wife and I were camping out a few nights in Monument Valley...We had our tricked out '78 Westfalia ...(I say tricked out because we had bought it from a German mechanic who had changed the suspension, had dual carbs, Mercedes wheels, etc) I had installed a pretty severe sound system and we were quietly playing a '77 Betty Board...a couple of youngsters walked up to ask what show were we listening to and I told them and they hung for awhile...they told us they were doing the cross-country thing for some Phish shows and were having a grand time...being the polite sort that I am I told them that was cool...after a bit we called it a night and popped the van top and hit the sack...when I got up to get the coffee going before sunrise i found a folded sheet of paper tucked into one of my wind shield wipers...it had three Cdr's of an aud Phish show and a thanks from the kids for the previous night's hospitality...I always thought that was a pretty sweet thing for them to do...of course I used the Cdr's for coasters but that's another story....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:27:36 PM by rovalle »
groucho "yes i am"