Author Topic: Should we add new forum for FIELD REPORTS?  (Read 9303 times)

KrazyFish

Should we add new forum for FIELD REPORTS?
« on: April 27, 2004, 03:56:31 pm »
(see the old loslobos.org Field Report section for what I'm getting at...)

http://www.loslobos.org/field1.asp

I think a FR area would be nice, kind of a good place to search for the low-down on a specific city, state, venue, date, etc.

Offline ourcasa

Move fr's on over!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 04:20:39 pm »
I cast my yes vote already but I am so in favor of the idea I felt the need to amplify here.  I miss the energy the fr's generated in the beginning but also recognize the repetitiveness issue and the waning number of contributions.

A separate area in The Neighborhood is an Ideal solution.  A single thread for each show could pull together various perspectives and engage a dialogue that could put some of the zing back into the thing.  It also takes the burden off of KF.  So let 'er rip!

peace,
josh

Offline Montezuma

Re: Should we add new forum for FIELD REPORTS?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 08:01:16 pm »
Quote from: "KrazyFish"
I think a FR area would be nice, kind of a good place to search for the low-down on a specific city, state, venue, date, etc.

Perhaps the forum could be moderated and have one thread per show.  Would this be the place to coordinate pre-show/post-show activities, ticket information, places to get food before the show, etc. in addition to Field Reports?

Overall it sounds like a fantastic idea.  Right in time for the summer tour!

Montezuma (Ed)

Offline El Cuello Rojo

Should we add new forum for FIELD REPORTS?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 01:16:26 am »
I think having them on here would also open the door for "crappy" field reports, which we'd probably be interested in reading but might not be complete or accurate (or grammatically coherent) enough to make the cut at .org.

Isn't the poll a bit discriminatory against those who don't know what the word "si" means?  :wink: I mean, at least in Mexico they have little pictures on the doors por los hombres y mujeres!