Author Topic: Los Lobos - Down Under  (Read 1256 times)

Offline The-Q

• http://www.autoq.org
Los Lobos - Down Under
« on: November 09, 2004, 05:45:55 am »
Hey I bought the last 2 new cds Good morning Aztlan and  Lost for the Ride, anyway since I bought them I have crashed my car and got mugged in the same weekend, what a bitch.
Anyway I am not blaming your music but I did have it on at the time of the accident but not the mugging so the correlation between my bad luck and the music has no justification.
I am writing to say I have been listening to Loslobos since I was knee high to a grass hopper, my ole man use to play it to me on the long trips across the nullabor from Adelaide to Perth then up to broome and back across the Nullabor to the woomera region to a place called Iron knob, all views of vast plains  and clear nights looking out the back of the combi van looking into the southern hemisphere's vast array of constellations and being transfixed with the cover of How will the wolf survive wondering why the wolf looked different to our native dog the dingo.
Anyway it has been a long week and my luck can only change, I needed to tell someone what has been going thru my head. I don't know what it has to do with you guys it is your music bringing back memories of yester year that were all good. I now play Baritone and tenor Sax I am in a few bands you should check out if you ever come down to the land known as Down under:

The Cat Empire: they supported James Brown and Ozomatli they are all mates of mine and I have donw fill in horns for them when they hit the states next yr I will tell them to check the Lobos out. www.thecatempire.com.au