Author Topic: if you're buying blank cd's this weekend  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Don Hueske

if you're buying blank cd's this weekend
« on: September 22, 2006, 02:45:04 pm »
somebody at Best Buy (yes, I crossed into the empire of evil today) screwed up.  50-disc spindles of japanese fujis (the 100 disc packs are malaysian) for $6.99.  There is one thing you need to make sure of:  these are in a kind of ugly, greenish-gold wrapper (no blue ones at all), and say "archival quality" beneath the fuji logo.  MAKE SURE IT SAYS 'ARCHIVAL QUALITY'.  Another 50-disc pack that didn't have that on the label rang up at $24.99

and don't bother going to the Best Buy in The Woodlands.  they're out.
the object to life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, with a big smile shouting, "Holy S#*t ...what a ride!"

Offline RasBobre

• Be Not a Dread
      • Sierra Saltwater Systems
Re: if you're buying blank cd's this weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 08:31:14 pm »
Hey thanks Don! I picked up the last 100 in Reno this afternoon. Don't use them much with my 60GB IPod and 400 GB external hard drive, but just yesterday my wife wanted a copy of the latest Thievery Corporation for her work car and I couldn't come up with a blank.

I really wanted to make it out there this weekend....sounds like you're booked.
Be not a dread, for the word Ras portrays righteousness and the word dread means viciousness. Pablo Moses; Revolutionary Dream - 1975

Offline Don Hueske

Re: if you're buying blank cd's this weekend
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 08:59:52 pm »
Rob -

you're not comin' at all?  Don't tell me it was my email that did it.  Trust me, some of the stuff I gotta do this wkend, I'd find a way to change my schedule for ya. 

Other hand, after the blast of fall we had last week, summer's back and UGLY, with rain forecast starting tomorrow.  Think warm, sticky rain, not any refreshing kind...frankly I'd rather be where you are
the object to life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, with a big smile shouting, "Holy S#*t ...what a ride!"