Author Topic: Seats at Dodger Stadium?  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Annette Sanchez

Seats at Dodger Stadium?
« on: July 15, 2009, 07:15:32 PM »
Off topic, of course, but - we're thinking of going to the Dodger game when we're in LA on Sunday.  (A sop to my husband.) Being of the fair-skinned ilk, I do not want to sit in the hot sun.  So, any expert opinions on seats in the shade? I suspect we might end up in the upper decks, but I know Tony doesn't want to be too far away.

Chotes? Josephine? Other Angelenos? Thanks!

Offline hellpups

Re: Seats at Dodger Stadium?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
Why don't you try sunscreen? Works for me... ;)
Hellpups

With one shoe on
And one shoe lost
Stands a wounded man
Who just laughs it off

-Angels With Dirty Faces

Offline angelz

Sunday @ 1
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 08:20:19 PM »
Webkinz Lilkinz Husky Giveaway... score

Sit on the third base side as it gets the shade first if you can't get in the following

Upper rows (about half-up) in the Field and Loge levels are always covered all the way around

Infield Reserve (not Lower Reserve) is covered about the top Third rows

Reserve is covered but can be far away... the infamous Bob Eucker (sp?) seats

Check for specials

https://www.goldstar.com/shows/245456  but you do not know the row until Will Call

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/ticketing/specials.jsp  gives you exact locations

also you can bring in food...

http://www.philippes.com/

http://www.sssmokehouse.com/

enjoy Chavez Ravine

Offline Bones

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 02:37:37 AM »
Angelz provided some good tips. The reserved tix on the e-saver special are a good deal.

Dodger stadium shade:

Parking is $15 >:( and they make you leave through the gate you entered. Plan ahead if you're headed in a different direction after the game. The Dodger website has various maps to help out.

If you have some extra time, check out the views, both of the park and downtown, from the top deck.

Have fun. Go Dodgers!

Offline Chotes

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:01:39 AM »
Angel's info covered it all 'cept... if you have to have a Dodger dog try to find one that's grilled vs. steamed. Much better grilled, otherwise enjoy the best ballpark in MLB and GO DODGERS!!!!
Soy Chingon y Me Levante Tarde! .....Y que?

Offline Josephine

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:03:01 AM »
I have a friend who occasionally turns me on to a seats right next to first base, about 10 or so rows back.  They're GREAT seats, but I absolutely bake.  The sun is so strong, I have to pour water over the arm rests to keep them from burning my arms.  If you are looking to dodge some of the sun, avoid the first base side of the stadium at all costs.

Offline Annette Sanchez

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »
Gee, this is all fabulous information (except maybe hellpups  ;)...I'm glad sunscreen works for you, but I find it chancy, and have been known to get as red as >:D.) Tony has long wanted to see Dodger Stadium - in fact, he's going to bring a Pirates cap for Lee Lacy to sign, because he's the ex-Dodger signing autographs that day (I think).

Looking forward to it (a lot).  Thanks!!!

Offline Don Hueske

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 07:07:10 PM »
looking at the schedule, too bad about the opponent this weekend.  I'm afraid you'll think you're back home, watching the Pirates.

Have a great time!
the object to life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, with a big smile shouting, "Holy S#*t ...what a ride!"

Offline angelz

BEER at Dodger Stadium?
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 08:59:13 PM »
Draft beer is hit and miss...something usually goes wrong with the taps...too warm or too much head/bad pours

There will be beer stands that serve ice-chilled bottles and cans

and if you do get a FOOT long then a Brew is MUST

Parking lot 32 has a killer view into the city, but for me the view into the stadium from the center field parking lot is imposing and the view from behind home plate from the reserved level inspires Vin Scully to wax...

Offline Pedro

• Mucho Gusto
    • PeterDervin.com - Home to ONE MORE SATURDAY NIGHT on 90.7 KSER
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 09:50:35 AM »
If you don't want to be in the sun, you should probably go to a night game instead :D
But there's nothing like a day game at Dodger Stadium though!

Offline El Chaparro

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 04:21:31 PM »
Angel's info covered it all 'cept... if you have to have a Dodger dog try to find one that's grilled vs. steamed. Much better grilled, otherwise enjoy the best ballpark in MLB and GO DODGERS!!!!

You know Poncho, you always get RIGHT to the important stuff.The Dogs!!!!   :coolguy: :coolguy:
Who Needs Hair?

Offline Chotes

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 05:15:24 PM »

You know Poncho, you always get RIGHT to the important stuff.The Dogs!!!!   :coolguy: :coolguy:

That's because I had a "ruff" life...
Soy Chingon y Me Levante Tarde! .....Y que?