Author Topic: New London 10/21  (Read 152 times)

Offline unclebuck

New London 10/21
« on: October 22, 2018, 04:20:22 pm »
Hadn`t planned on this show since my leg might not agree with a 100 mile drive.Then I remembered Amtrak.Instead,I drove 15 minutes ,took a nice relaxing train ride.Station was a little over a 5 minute walk to venue.Very strange not having Steve onstage.Boys blistered thru 2/3 of the set then kinda mellowed for the last bit of what was another great show.Dream>Maricela,Whiskey Trail,Shakes,Evangeline,Papa>Cant>CROSSROADS,Rosa Lee,Valley,Chucos,Just A Man,Saint,Arizona Skies/Borinquen Patria Mia,Teresa Encore:NFA>Bertha,Bamba/GL/Bamba.In 31 years of seeing LL,this was only the third time I`ve seen `Crossroads` Dave and Louie were a little slow coming onstage,so Cesar,Conrad ,and Bugs played a funky intro to Dream where Cesar introduced LL saying I`ve always wanted to do that..Funny little moment.Very nice venue that had a middle east motif.Murals made me think of Raider of the lost ark,not some hell hole Carjackastan or Berzerkistan.There was a taper,but I`m not holding my breath waitng for it to surface.They never sem to get posted up this way
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 01:19:31 pm by unclebuck »

Offline david mazurowski

Re: New London 10/21
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 11:07:06 am »
It indeed a strange show without Steve .Guys always manage quite well without a band member though.