Author Topic: "Joy Ride" double CD  (Read 393 times)

Offline rovalle

"Joy Ride" double CD
« on: December 11, 2018, 08:40:20 am »
pre-sale now for the CD set that is being released in conjuction with Louie's book "Good Morning Aztlan"...

https://loslobosmerchandise.com/products/louie-perez-joy-ride
2nd groucho-priest encounter, nyc hotel lobby
priest "aren't you groucho marx?"
groucho "yes i am"
priest "i want to thank you for all the joy you've put in the world"
groucho "and i want to thank you for all the joy you've taken out of it"

Offline hellpups

Re: "Joy Ride" double CD
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 01:23:11 pm »
pre-sale now for the CD set that is being released in conjuction with Louie's book "Good Morning Aztlan"...

https://loslobosmerchandise.com/products/louie-perez-joy-ride

but there's not cumbias on it  :-[ :) :shifty:

ordered mine and looking forward to what Urrea's reading sounds like... he loves the boys
Hellpups

With one shoe on
And one shoe lost
Stands a wounded man
Who just laughs it off

-Angels With Dirty Faces

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 03:38:29 pm »
I`m guessing I`ll be able to pick it up next week at C.W,along with my winnings from my World Series bets with Dave and Mando(50 bucks each),but I`ll let Dave slide for a few requests between CW and Seattle.Hell,I`ll probably let Mando slide to since he`s been soooo good to me in the past.It wont stop me from wearing my world series champions hat to the shows though.Gotta rub it in somehow.

Offline hellpups

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 12:49:38 pm »
I`m guessing I`ll be able to pick it up next week at C.W,along with my winnings from my World Series bets with Dave and Mando(50 bucks each),but I`ll let Dave slide for a few requests between CW and Seattle.Hell,I`ll probably let Mando slide to since he`s been soooo good to me in the past.It wont stop me from wearing my world series champions hat to the shows though.Gotta rub it in somehow.

I'm sure you'll be real popular. Nothing like collecting debts and rubbing people's faces in defeat to seal a friendship  ::)
Hellpups

With one shoe on
And one shoe lost
Stands a wounded man
Who just laughs it off

-Angels With Dirty Faces

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 01:25:57 pm »

I'm sure you'll be real popular. Nothing like collecting debts and rubbing people's faces in defeat to seal a friendship  ::)
LIFE IS GOOD.But the hat stays home when I`m in Seattle.Some folks out there are still pissed about an interception a few years ago.

Offline Steve J

• The Mighty Favog
  • Admin
  • The Might Favog
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 02:23:30 am »
I have to say that I'm sooo glad that Tom Brady replaced the Steelers as Seattle's "Most Hated" sports memory...though Bill Leavy may still give him a run.
Humans are the only animals that follow unstable leaders.

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 03:40:48 pm »
I have to say that I'm sooo glad that Tom Brady replaced the Steelers as Seattle's "Most Hated" sports memory...though Bill Leavy may still give him a run.
I would`ve thought Pete Carrol and Malcom Butler would be in that most hated memory.

Offline Myles

• FOLL
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 12:04:44 pm »
Perhaps Steve will wear his Eagles jersey for one of the Boston shows.

Offline Cdrtree

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 12:12:02 pm »
Better go with Nick Foles and hope he can bring that magic back a second time.

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 02:05:08 pm »
Perhaps Steve will wear his Eagles jersey for one of the Boston shows.
No problem with me as long as the boys don`t burst into`Fly Eagles Fly`.That would cross a line.

Offline mcamp

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 04:05:43 pm »
Steve doesn't take me as the role of 'instigator'.

Offline mcamp

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 01:45:39 pm »
Picked up the CD last night; a good listen. Mix of music and spoken word....probably get the book tonight.

Offline iarooster

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 07:03:10 pm »
The mailman dropped off my copy today. (Thanks, Myles!) Haven't had time to listen much beyond skipping to the music tracks, but it sounds great so far. Nice La Venganza from Making Movies. Various members sat in the whole show in Columbia, MO, a few years ago, and Dave said, "They know this song better than we do."   ;D

Offline rovalle

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2018, 11:00:12 am »
A very fine weekend was had listening to this...I listened to it straight through and enjoyed the spoken word parts...I then ripped it and made a very nice music only disc out of it that is getting all the play in my ride...excellent job & well done to all the folks involed!!!
2nd groucho-priest encounter, nyc hotel lobby
priest "aren't you groucho marx?"
groucho "yes i am"
priest "i want to thank you for all the joy you've put in the world"
groucho "and i want to thank you for all the joy you've taken out of it"