Author Topic: Setlists, songs from recent shows?  (Read 179 times)

Offline Annette Bassett

Setlists, songs from recent shows?
« on: December 16, 2018, 04:36:02 pm »
Hi and happy holidays, all -

I'm looking forward to driving to DC to see the Boys at City Winery next Saturday. Apparently both acoustic and electric sets?  ;D ;D

My friend Sheila, who will be going with me to the show, has asked what songs she should listen to before the show. An excellent question.

So anyone who has been to the recent shows and/or has some suggestions, let me know. Thanks!

Offline iarooster

Re: Setlists, songs from recent shows?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:14:21 pm »
The Chicago setlists are here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/los-lobos-4bd6b3c6.html

Approximately 40m acoustic sets, 60m electric. I was especially happy with the third Chicago show. The night before, when Louie was signing my book, I said "Tomorrow night, how about 'Little Things'?" and he said, "Yeah, that would be good!" Then before the show, I was hanging out in the lobby by the fireplace, and about 20m before showtime the band members started drifting in. I called out something like, "Hey Dave, considering the events of the day, 'Peace' would be fitting." (That was the day of the Trump/Pelosi/Shumer "discussion" about funding the wall.)

Towards the end of the acoustic set, I got my "Little Things." Coulda been coincidence, sure. At the end of the set the boys crashed into the ending of "Chuco's Cumbia," and Cesar made his comment about taking a pause for the cause. He and Conrad had their guitars off, and Bugs might have even stepped offstage, but Dave brought them back for "Peace"!!! I might as well stop going to shows, as I'll never get two requests played again.  ;D

Offline skaggs

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 07:27:33 pm »
Very pleased to see that Road to Gila Bend in there!  I haven't heard that since about 2006 when it came out. 

Offline iarooster

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 09:45:59 pm »
Very pleased to see that Road to Gila Bend in there!  I haven't heard that since about 2006 when it came out.
And it was pretty cool hearing it acoustic one night, electric the other.

Offline bigbamcake

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 05:20:47 pm »
I just went to Saturday and sunday in NYC. you don't know what ur gonna get. Maybe brush up with Acoustic en vivo since they opened with 3-4 Spanish tunes each night.   But then again you really don't know what they are going to do night after night after night.....!!!