Author Topic: Boston shows  (Read 212 times)

Offline mcamp

Boston shows
« on: December 19, 2018, 03:38:54 pm »
I will be in attendance tonight and tomorrow!
I can't wait.....anyone else going?
 :yahoo: :yack: :) :8): :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Offline unclebuck

Re: Boston shows
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 04:34:37 pm »
C`mon Mike,you really have to ask?First 2 night stand in 31 years up here?

Offline bigbamcake

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 05:36:07 pm »
You Patriot fans enjoy!! The double sets are a real treat.  Cant wait for the Uncle Buck reviews!!  MCamp go easy on the  holiday cheer!!!

Offline mcamp

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 07:08:26 am »
  MCamp go easy on the  holiday cheer!!!!

Yes mother.
I'm pacing myself. :angel:

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 05:41:44 pm »
Well,if nobody gets a password to access last nights show,Heres the setlist.Veracruz,Colas,Cascabel,Pistola,Ojos,Saint,Az skies>Borrinquen,Teresa,Guantanamera Set 2 Up the line,DWB,Gila Bend,Chucos,Angels with dirty faces,My babys gone,Angel dance,Kiko,Wolf(Louie drums)High places Encore: Stoned Bamba. Love the short acoustic sets that show how good they sing together.Don`t get them vey often.And don`t think I`ve seen Gila Bend since TTATC came out.`My babys gone`was just sick,one of the best performances I`ve seen done`.Wolf` was a request from someone in the back that was real loud.They apparently didn`t here my yells for the `Walking song`.Maybe tonight.Been a long time since seeing Louie drum on `Wolf.Any time they do `Stoned bamba` is always a treat.Little over 2 hours to showtime.LIFE IS GOOD.`

Offline mcamp

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 12:31:02 pm »
Enjoyable two night stand at the City Winery.
Last night was a more rockin show, with a medley of Papa was a rolling stone/ Wicked Rain/ statesboro/dear Mr. fantasy, and encore of Cinnamon Girl.
Opened the 2nd set with Good Morning Aztlan, Reve's House was in there.
The acoustic version of Don't Worry Baby in the first set was a highlight.
Also good to see both shows pretty much at full attendance, with only a few scattered seats empty. :clap:

Offline bostondavid

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 03:49:55 pm »
Two great nights of music. A few random thoughts. I thought the first show was just about perfect, beginning with the sound. And then the way the guys gradually amped up from acoustic to electric. You really experienced the full spectrum of the band. Dave was on fire. Absolutely beautiful picking on the folk songs and then grinding and shredding electric. And what was that guitar Dave played at the end of the first set? Looked like a World War II artifact but played beautifully (at least in Dave's hands). Loved DWB and enjoyed Conrad grooving away. I thought Steve was awesome the whole night. He really wailed on the horns. Good to see him back. I never saw Louie on drums for Wolf before. And Stoned Bamba was a fun way to close. Yesterday was also great but quite different. In fact, the two shows were very different even though they covered pretty much the same folk songs to start out. But they changed up a bit second night by doing acoustic La Bamba and DWB, which were great additions and again demonstrated the amazing versatility of the band. There was a sound issue near Cesar during the second set but the boys were blasting (Marie Marie) so you could hardly notice. Lot of classic rock to finish up: One Way Out, Dear Mr. Fantasy (I thought it was going be Hey Joe when they began), and then Cinnamon Girl for the encore.

I really appreciate City Winery bringing the boys back into Boston but, man, I wish they'd take the damn seats out (fat chance, I know).

Picked up Louie's book. What a talented guy.

Anyway, what a great way to get through the Winter solstice and into the holidays.

Los Lobos: still the best!

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 03:58:20 pm »
Here to help Mike clear up his,er,foggy memory.Last nights acoustic set definitely rocked more than night 1.Set 1 Veracruz,Colas,Cascabel,La Bamba,S.A.,Ojos,Revas,DWB,The Town,Chucos,Lets Go Set2 GMA,Wicked,Big Ranch,Papa> Cant>One way out>Dear Mr Fantasy,Rosa Lee,Marie Marie,Mas Encore Cinnamon Girl.Dave really had it going last night.Had one good comment about cough drops making whiskey tasting like Jagrmiester.Must`ve liked the taste cus he took the bottle with him after the show.If you could take last nights acoustic with night 1`s electric,it would`ve been 1 truly amazing show.Happy holidays everyone,and a happy new year.A very happy new year for me because I head out west on the 2nd for 4/5 more shows :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline mcamp

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 04:04:22 pm »
Sorry I missed seeing you Dave.....I was in the back dancing both nights :yahoo:

Offline bostondavid

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 10:37:42 am »
Oh, I forgot one funny tidbit. At the start of the first night, first set:

Cesar: "So we're going to play some old Mexican songs for you."

Dave (muttering): "Because we're old Mexicans."

Happy Holidays!