Author Topic: DC Shows and a song request  (Read 161 times)

Offline PJShip_DC

DC Shows and a song request
« on: December 20, 2018, 06:51:59 am »
A loooong time fan (150 shows maybe?) going back to my days in Tucson at the University of Arizona in the mid-80's.    Looking forward to the DC shows (unfortunately only Fri!) but would love to make a song request.   Possible to break out with the Road to Gila Bend again??   Something about that tune has always mesmerized me....maybe because back in the day I used to ride my motorcycle in the desert out from Tucson on the road to Gila Bend;)  I think I've only heard it once live.    Anyway, looking forward to kicking the Christmas season into very high gear with the Wolves!!       
cheers,   Peter 

p.s.  RESIST!!!  (2 years and hopefully less before this Trump bullshit comes to an end)               

Offline hellpups

Re: DC Shows and a song request
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 10:43:23 am »
I'm not sure how much band members etc. monitor this site, but there is a "request a song" feature of their official website at http://www.loslobos.org/site/

It has a pulldown menu where you can select a date (the DC shows are listed) and it asks you to fill out some info including your email address. I don't know how much attention they pay to this, but as Woofie would say "it is what it is"... worth a chance at least...

My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that if they are working from a formal set list, and sometimes they don't, Steve Berlin is typically the one who pulls it together... there's some songs that they play almost every show like Don't Worry Baby, but otherwise and as you probably well know, they mix it up a good bit... but if they haven't played a song in quite awhile they need to rehearse it which might make your request a long shot... but you never know, right?
Hellpups

With one shoe on
And one shoe lost
Stands a wounded man
Who just laughs it off

-Angels With Dirty Faces

Offline PJShip_DC

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 11:43:33 am »
Thnx!  yeah, I'd made the request through the site as well.  I'd seen that they played Road to Gila Bend recently (Chicago?) so it got me thinking.   I'll be good with whatever they do of course. (but I'm biased)     All good....let the holidays roll on!!       cheers 

Offline kikolobo

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 01:51:22 pm »
They played Gila Bend last night in Boston in the electric set.Sounded great !

Offline iarooster

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 06:59:48 pm »
Might be getting heavy rotation at the moment since Dave does it on Louie's "Joy Ride" CD. (Available at the LL website.)