Author Topic: triple Door  (Read 437 times)

Offline unclebuck

triple Door
« on: January 08, 2019, 10:22:31 am »
My trip got off to a disasterous start when I arrived at the airport and realized the credit card I was going to use for a lot of this trip was sitting in front of this computer.And that was just the start of things.But I was out there for 4 NIGHTS OF LOS LOBOS.The newest twist to shows is a song list handed out before the show,and the boys tally them and supposedly play the winners during the second set.Night 1 seemed to prove this might be very interesting.2 sets 1st acoustic:Veracruz,Colas,Cascabel,Bamba,Pistola,One time,My babys gone,Emily,Yo Canto,Jupiter Set2 Someday,DWB,BOOTLEG>BORN ON THE BAYOU>SUZIE Q(!!!wtf!!!)Little Wing,Revas house,Loves a train,Shakes,Shes about a mover. encore Cinnamon girl The Creedence segment floored EVERYONE.You talk about out of left field,this was one from deeeeeeep left.Wild,fun night.Still 3 more nights!!

Offline iarooster

Re: triple Door
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:25:08 pm »
Oh man, I hope a recording pops up.

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 03:47:45 pm »
Oh man, I hope a recording pops up.
Unfortunately,nobody recorded these shows,a least through the soundboard.Steve J was not at these shows(hope your ok,you were missed)We`ll have to see what shows up on youtube or whatever.

Offline rovalle

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 08:29:04 pm »
Sorry to hear Steve was a no show...be well Bro'....
2nd groucho-priest encounter, nyc hotel lobby
priest "aren't you groucho marx?"
groucho "yes i am"
priest "i want to thank you for all the joy you've put in the world"
groucho "and i want to thank you for all the joy you've taken out of it"

Offline Steve J

• The Mighty Favog
  • Admin
  • The Might Favog
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 11:04:31 pm »

Sorry to be a no-show. Had my kit prepped & packed days before; but...  :sick:

Heard from some friends at the shows that they were well-received. Was the Moose in town this year?
Humans are the only animals that follow unstable leaders.

Offline skaggs

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 11:38:39 am »

Sorry to be a no-show. Had my kit prepped & packed days before; but...  :sick:

Heard from some friends at the shows that they were well-received. Was the Moose in town this year?

Where is a damn taper when you need one?  SMH.  just kidding, sorry you missed these!  I am hoping to make a show where they do the acoustic first set, and audience selected second though! 

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 01:16:25 pm »
Sorry I didn`t finish these setlists,got sidetracked by that evil thing called work.Night 2 was more natural as Dave described it after the show.Set 1 Veracruz,Colas,Cascabel,Bamba,Sabor a mi,El cuchipe,WLA,Yo canto,Whats going on Set 2 Angels with dirty faces,Wicked,Whiskey trail.Just a man,Chucos,Cortez,Loaded>NFA>Bertha Encore La bamba(?) Guess the boys forgot they played Bamba in the first set.Any set that begins with a chunk of `Kiko` is alright with me

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 01:29:37 pm »
Another winner with night 3.Set 1 Veracruz,Cuchipe,Cascabel,Bamba,Revas house,Jam/DWB,Malaque,My babys gone,Peace Set 2 Shoot out the lights,Chucos,Kiko,S.A.,Volver,Cumbia raza(Dave on accordian)300 Pounds>Frankie Lee,Hey Joe,Loaded Encore Mas y mas.And finally...….

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 01:43:41 pm »
Night 3 had no Cesar,Which just means more Dave and Louie.Set 1 One time,Emily,TCT,Rebel Kind,Jupiter,Az skies>Borrinqen,Saint,Teresa,Guantanamera Set 2 Marty Gerard joined for a double sax attack. Buzz Buzz Buzz,Farmer John,Chains of love,Georgia slop,Loaded,Bertha> Mas Encore Cinnamon girl. 4 Stellar nights.Lets do it again next year.Many of the usual suspects made the trip.Maybe some of you unusual suspects can make it next year.This was like the Fillmore over 4 nights.Its worth the trip folks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 06:12:29 am by unclebuck »

Offline kikolobo

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 06:00:31 pm »
thanks for posting the songs and review.