Author Topic: Manchester, NH next week  (Read 400 times)

Offline mcamp

Manchester, NH next week
« on: March 21, 2019, 09:50:59 am »
It's like I just saw them, with the two shows at the City Winery Boston just before Christmas.
Never been to this venue....always fun to go to someplace new (Palace Theater, Manchester, NH).
I also just saw another date at the Cabot in June, so the year is looking up. :yahoo:
Unfortunately, I missed The Flesh Eaters show last week at the City Winery....anyone here catch one of those?

Offline Elvis Ramone

Re: Manchester, NH next week
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 05:30:22 am »
mcamp,
I think we have been at some shows together but never met...Barre Opera House perhaps.  I will be in the second row, probably wearing Tie Dye.  Say hello if you want.
Peace,
Elvis

Offline mcamp

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:28:02 pm »
Will do. FYI; I'm looking at scoring last row orchestra....can't sit during a LL concert.
Yes, I was at the Barre Opera House a couple years ago with my wife and son (goes to school near there).
A funny story....I have come to know the band thru the years, and after the show we ended up with the band at Applebee's next to where we were staying, as was the band.
We closed the place that night, with much drinking, and great conversation.
Truly the best guys in the crazy world of the rock and roll business.
I really wanted to go to the Narrows last night, but it would have killed me for the rest of the week, being a two hour drive home....I'll have to settle for the one show tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 03:31:13 pm by mcamp »

Offline mcamp

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:58:53 am »
Another fun night in the books.
Elvis, I was looking for you....did you bolt right after the show?
I like how the band is doing an acoustic set....similar to what they did at the City Winery in December.
The Palace is a nice small theater....not a bad seat in the house.
I was hanging for a bit straight back from the stage next to Mando; nice sound and good sight lines.
I must admit, the area was a bit sketchy just a couple blocks from the theater, but free parking, easy in/ out....I will return.

Offline Elvis Ramone

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 12:18:30 pm »
Yeah, mcamp, I kind of did bolt.  I had to go pee pretty badly.  Was sitting in second row, dead center.  Just posted the set list.  Great room and great set.  Connected with the band for a bit before the show.  The acoustic set rocked and I wonder if "Guantanamera" was unplanned. 

Next up for me is Holyoke, Mass. in early June.  New venue but general admission.  June 9th, I think. 

Peace,
Elvis

Offline bigbamcake

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 02:20:39 pm »
The first three shows  of this New England run are totally improvised. The boys have just been movin and grooving!!

Offline paulmc

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 03:54:28 pm »
Great show! My son's first concert and the Meet & Greet was icing on the cake.

Kudos to the Palace Theatre staff, too. They were helpful and pleasant.

We were waiting in the lobby. I overheard that the band had invited a fair number of friends and relatives to come down and get on the guest list. So, the person organizing the meet and greet needed to juggle them and the VIP ticket holders. It all went smooth, I thought.

Offline wharfrat70

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 06:25:54 pm »
Think the Guantanamera is in it's standard slot.  It was played the night before at Stone Mountain Arts Center, too :)

PS - MCamp- I was the guy in the Tie Dye you asked if I was the other guy in the Tie Dye in the 2nd row dead center ;)

We were first row Dave's side.

Peace!

Offline wharfrat70

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 06:26:47 pm »
Oh and see you at the Cabot in June.  3rd row Dave's side there.

Offline mcamp

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 01:17:52 pm »
So now I know who you are.
How about we all wear name tags at the next show.

Offline unclebuck

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 02:26:19 pm »
Besides the usual superb show,one of the things I will remember this show for is meeting a guy backstage who climbed Mt Everest.TWICE!!Craig John is his name.He apparently unfurled a LL banner on top of the world.To think of all the things involved on such an epic endeavour,remembering to bring that with you?I once drove up Mt. Evans in Colorado,the highest road in north america(14.130 ft)and could barely breath when I got out of the car.The final climb of 135 feet to the summit was a killer,and I was thinking Everest is more than twice this elevation?Los Lobos hats off to you Craig.I never thought I was ever gonna meet someone who accomplished such an epic feat as that.TWICE!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 06:26:50 pm by unclebuck »

Offline wharfrat70

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 11:33:03 am »
Nevermind :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 01:03:10 pm by wharfrat70 »