Author Topic: Fantastic Negrito  (Read 321 times)

Offline kosh1313

Fantastic Negrito
« on: April 07, 2019, 04:45:52 pm »
Thanks to Crack for hipping us to this fellow and finally, someone from the Left Coast makes an appearance on the non Left Coast, though he is coming here via AUS.

Fantastic Negrito rolls through the ATL on the night before one of the best free street festivals, Inman Park Festival, of which I have ever been a part. I was really on the fence about attending the show, for a number of reasons, but I listened to some more tracks last night and my wonderful wife already had tickets for us and a couple of others when I woke this morning.

We shall have non stop music, revelry, pulling of tape, and corndogs/funnel cakes for all from that Friday night until late Sinday afternoon. Woohoo.

And then the following weekend is CaveO-de-Mayo. Wheeeeeeeee.

ETA: He's playing a club called the Masquerade which has/used to have 3 levels: Heaven, Hell and Purgatory. Fantastic Negrito is playing in Hell.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 05:32:16 pm by kosh1313 »
Je m'en vais chercher un grand peut-etre!

Offline crackmc

• freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude
  • FOLL
      • i'll record your band. for free. seriously.
Re: Fantastic Negrito
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 09:42:13 pm »
aw yeah

Xavier is a great performer and person...love that guy

dude represents Oakland for real

stoked to see him lighting up the world
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 10:08:16 pm by crackmc »

Offline kosh1313

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 10:23:06 pm »
I think I've downloaded EVERY piece of music you've put out there, bubba, and I think your on base percentage is rather high, but this is more awesome.

There is a guitar player from the sahel, somewhere in Mali maybe, who is playing awesome Bedouin music and he just came through ATL. Amazing listen.

Crack, thanks for keeping us updated!

Offline kosh1313

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 12:06:18 am »
Steve, thank you so much for the gentle push. Wow, what a fucking show. Even my very staid landlord was like that was awesome. I've never ever got him beyond ok, so this is massive.

People, if you get the chance, do yourself the favour and check out Fantastic Negrito.

Offline Annette Bassett

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 09:13:18 pm »
Just a reminder, Ko, please share copious pictures and details from Cave-O de Mayo.

Offline hellpups

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 01:55:59 pm »
I've heard that until recently he was known simply as Ordinary Negrito...  ::) ;)
Hellpups

With one shoe on
And one shoe lost
Stands a wounded man
Who just laughs it off

-Angels With Dirty Faces