Author Topic: ATTN: Ras Bobre  (Read 297 times)

Offline kosh1313

ATTN: Ras Bobre
« on: August 30, 2019, 11:53:26 am »
Yo man, after my old computer plotzed, dude I thought I lost the Neil show you sent me. DropBox sent me a notice my account was closing due to inactivity. What to my surprise did I find but NYCH2012_10_11 where Neil and the lads closed for Los Lobos. My first out of town date with my wife. I was a cheap bastard, flew us there on miles.
Je m'en vais chercher un grand peut-etre!

Offline rovalle

Re: ATTN: Ras Bobre
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 09:44:23 am »
Yo man, after my old computer plotzed, dude I thought I lost the Neil show you sent me. DropBox sent me a notice my account was closing due to inactivity. What to my surprise did I find but NYCH2012_10_11 where Neil and the lads closed for Los Lobos. My first out of town date with my wife. I was a cheap bastard, flew us there on miles.

I like that...
2nd groucho-priest encounter, nyc hotel lobby
priest "aren't you groucho marx?"
groucho "yes i am"
priest "i want to thank you for all the joy you've put in the world"
groucho "and i want to thank you for all the joy you've taken out of it"

Offline kosh1313

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 03:19:56 pm »

I like that...

Got that sly, wry smile from DH, complete with a bit of a chuckle.

Offline hellpups

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:31:30 am »

I like that...

I know that look and chuckle very well... I believe we amuse him...
Hellpups

With one shoe on
And one shoe lost
Stands a wounded man
Who just laughs it off

-Angels With Dirty Faces

Offline rovalle

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 12:36:33 pm »

I like that...

I know that look and chuckle very well... I believe we amuse him...

My fave story...almost 25 years ago or so somebody that i had met at a Blazers show got to go backstage after a Lobo gig and talk with the band...he told me that he introduced himself to DH and he mentioned he knew me...he told me Dave got a serious look on his face and verified what my friend had said and told him solemnly "What ever Ric does, only do half, no matter what it is"...my friend laughed and Dave basically waved his finger at him saying to the effect "No no I'm serious...only half"  High praise indeed...
2nd groucho-priest encounter, nyc hotel lobby
priest "aren't you groucho marx?"
groucho "yes i am"
priest "i want to thank you for all the joy you've put in the world"
groucho "and i want to thank you for all the joy you've taken out of it"

Offline kosh1313

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 02:52:51 pm »
Kinda like days and a brownie is no longer JUST a brownie. Just do 1/2, Ric, I love it. I am proponent of come back and get more versus fuck your head from the start. I make tincture.

Off topic: Some of the best players in our home scene just laid multiple amps, pedals, power head and more on my child to improve his playing. I had to employ a friend to haul it all home. Love it.

Offline hellpups

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 11:57:13 am »
Kinda like days and a brownie is no longer JUST a brownie. Just do 1/2, Ric, I love it. I am proponent of come back and get more versus fuck your head from the start. I make tincture.

Off topic: Some of the best players in our home scene just laid multiple amps, pedals, power head and more on my child to improve his playing. I had to employ a friend to haul it all home. Love it.

Reminds me of the time we were at an unnamed music festival in California and a guy with a group camping next to us put several doses of acid in his sock for "safe keeping" and then absorbed them through his skin when he sweated. The dude was raving for two whole days before he finally passed out. There were actual discussions about "putting him down" amongst us fellow campers (his own people more or less abandoned him, which was super lame).
Hellpups

With one shoe on
And one shoe lost
Stands a wounded man
Who just laughs it off

-Angels With Dirty Faces

Offline RasBobre

• Be Not a Dread
      • Sierra Saltwater Systems
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 07:00:45 pm »
Nice one! I like how that shit just happens. I'll have to pull it off of a hard drive and give it a spin. Enjoy! ....you cheap bastard.

Be not a dread, for the word Ras portrays righteousness and the word dread means viciousness. Pablo Moses; Revolutionary Dream - 1975