Author Topic: Interesting blog post I stumbled across  (Read 153 times)

Offline Annette Bassett

Interesting blog post I stumbled across
« on: September 01, 2019, 05:05:51 pm »
I couldn't remember what album Teresa was from (I thought it was Kiko, my bad). In looking around online, I was reminded that it was from a Los Super Seven album. And I found this blog post about an "album that should exist." I don't expect a lot of agreement, but see what you think.

http://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2019/05/los-lobos-teresa-various-songs-2000-2001.html

Offline njwolf

Re: Interesting blog post I stumbled across
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 11:47:42 am »
 Annette,
 Thanks for sharing the post. I'd like to see a Los Lobos collection of songs recorded for soundtrack and tribute CDs over the years that haven't been issued elsewhere. I'm sure there would be rights issues involved so that might prevent it from happening.

Offline rovalle

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 12:38:45 pm »
there are home made editions that have made the rounds in the past...I need to check and see what I still have and or can track down...
2nd groucho-priest encounter, nyc hotel lobby
priest "aren't you groucho marx?"
groucho "yes i am"
priest "i want to thank you for all the joy you've put in the world"
groucho "and i want to thank you for all the joy you've taken out of it"

Offline njwolf

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 08:15:41 am »
I have a fair number of those songs that were included on the soundtrack/tribute CDs. Other tracks are on YouTube. I've considered transferring them to CD at some point.

Offline thatdamnracket

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 03:18:19 pm »
Interesting site.  He appears to be a big fan.  He rips on Colossal Head though (Geez, One of my if not my fave album) and offers what he thought would be a better version?  All great tracks, but I will take Colossal Head just as it is!