Author Topic: CW NIGHT 2  (Read 162 times)

Offline unclebuck

CW NIGHT 2
« on: December 20, 2019, 09:36:17 pm »
This was a truly amazing show.Several cuts above night 1,which was pretty damn good.Throw in some Barrence Whitfield for the encore and you had a very happy crowd going home afterwards.First 4 songs semi-acoustic,the rest pretty much a sonic blast.Set 1:Short side,Chucos,The Valley,Evangeline,Donde esta Santa Claus,Llego Navidad,WLA,DWB.Set2:Loaded,Shakes,Neighborhood,Papa>Cant>One way out>SOUL SACRIFICE,Christmas and you,Arbolito de navidad,Christmas time in Texas Encore: Georgia,Whats going on.Still have`Donde`filling my head.Damn this song is infectious.`Christmas and you` sounds so timeless.After we`re all dead and gone,this song will sound like it was written yesterday.Makes me think it`s the christmas song Ritchie Valens never got to write. 2 wonderful nights of music with good crowds.The only thing wrong was a lovely friend who was supposed to go with me had a work accident that resulted in a boatload of pain for her.Unfortunate because I`m positive the guys would have loved meeting her.Next time will have to do.Happy Holidays Neighbors.Be safe.PEACE.

Offline unclebuck

Re: CW NIGHT 2
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 10:00:02 pm »
I forgot to mention the 12 string electric Dusenburg guitar that Dave played for a good chunk of the set.Sounded fucking awesome.Also he was playing a Gibson the first night that I have never seen him play before,which again sounded great.But seeing Dave could make rubber bands on a shoebox sound great ,this is not surprising.

Offline bigbamcake

Re: CW NIGHT 2
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 03:13:12 pm »
Uncle Buck on the ball with ur assessment. Soul Sacrifice u said they haven't  played in a dogs age. Conrad was proud he started that riff and they just kept it going. The boys were loose as a goose considering the  very cold evening. Im very happy we caught the NYC show then I made the solo  3 hour drive for this epic night. Great venue and am always glad to catch Barrance  and to sit with him during the  show. He really is an unsung talent!!  Watch for the Wolves during the Rose Bowl Parade  New Years Day!!