Author Topic: For Ms RJ...  (Read 170 times)

Offline rovalle

For Ms RJ...
« on: June 07, 2020, 12:57:59 pm »
I wrote this five years ago today in memory of our dear friend...

"For our dear friend Rhea (RJ) King who lost the good fight yesterday...My thoughts go out to her loving husband Alan and their daughter Kelsa...RJ thank you for all of your kind words and support through the years...your love for your family and your music shone through it all...I always enjoyed hearing from you after any given road trip that involved the musical pot 'o gold at the end, be it Jazz Fest, a Lobo gig or The Fur Peace gigs...and thank you for making me more acutely aware of James Booker...Sail On My Dear Sister, Sail on..."

Every time an old post pops up that has to do with music or a road trip I see her comments on them and it strikes hard how she is no longer with us...To her loving family please know that she is with us always in our hearts and minds..."We love you madly..."
2nd groucho-priest encounter, nyc hotel lobby
priest "aren't you groucho marx?"
groucho "yes i am"
priest "i want to thank you for all the joy you've put in the world"
groucho "and i want to thank you for all the joy you've taken out of it"

Offline kosh1313

Re: For Ms RJ...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 11:55:01 pm »
Brother Ric

Man, she just came up in my life. She sent me Jorma, Booker, and I forget who else. So much music, such great music

I often wondered how she could get from Bend, OR to bumbuck, FL in 3 hours flat.

I miss her call at all odd hours, miss her talking about her kid and dude, the squirrel and Alan.Some of us on this list were blessed

RJ, I hope you are getting the concerts you wanted. We miss you and hard.
Je m'en vais chercher un grand peut-etre!

Offline crackmc

• freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude
  • FOLL
      • i'll record your band. for free. seriously.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 02:08:28 am »
4/12/08 Sparks / Nugget
Mobile Refreshment Laboratory in full effect
after the show our brother from Houston Don Hueske flew a little too close to the sun, passed out before everybody else
RJK orchestrated a cellphone photo shoot
we balanced numerous things on Don's head (bottle of booze, telephone, lemon, room service menu)
we forced him into undignified poses like a Stretch Armstrong doll with a .12 BAC
we howled like drunken primates
i miss RJK

anybody touch bases with Don lately?

Offline Myles

• FOLL
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 11:14:37 pm »
I saw Don probably a year or 2 ago at Gruehne Hall. Still a great dude. One of a kind.

Offline rovalle

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 01:32:51 pm »
I saw Don probably a year or 2 ago at Gruehne Hall. Still a great dude. One of a kind.

Hey Myles could 'a been when Pancho and I were there too...it was so good to see him
2nd groucho-priest encounter, nyc hotel lobby
priest "aren't you groucho marx?"
groucho "yes i am"
priest "i want to thank you for all the joy you've put in the world"
groucho "and i want to thank you for all the joy you've taken out of it"

Offline kosh1313

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 07:29:28 am »
Man, I miss our attorney. Don sent me tons of Neil and Strummer, he got my number and early.
Je m'en vais chercher un grand peut-etre!