Author Topic: real talk: is anybody going to the 8/29 drive-in show?  (Read 426 times)

Offline crackmc

• freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude
  • FOLL
      • i'll record your band. for free. seriously.
Re: real talk: is anybody going to the 8/29 drive-in show?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 01:19:56 am »
ok that's weird
i was within 10-20 feet of the person who snapped that photo (imma be pissed if voodoostrat was parked next to us and i didn't know it)
Dave and Mando came out to say hi Mark and Alice and me for a sec and got mobbed like A Hard Days Night by the masses
that pic was Dave in retreat heading for zee hillz

huge thanks to Mark y Alice for letting me ride along in the A4

hadn't been to the Ventura County Fairgrounds since seeing the JGB there in 1992
place isn't much different

i must hand it to the Ventura crew that runs these shows...they definitely had their shit together
that said, i don't think i'll be seeing any more drive-in shows
standing on blacktop for 5 hours is a young man's game
and i'm sure as hell not sitting in my car for a concert
i need to be crammed into an overcrowded room and i need to stand in line for overpriced drinks

was really cool seeing the dudes grind out some tunes though...i really needed it
TOP sounded great too

just gonna sit back and keep chanting my mantras until we can eat Fillmore apples again
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:00:17 am by crackmc »

Offline Myles

• FOLL
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2020, 12:50:59 am »

Offline bostondavid

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 01:13:17 pm »
We caught the early show via livestream. Conrad was stuck in traffic (which is so pre-plague L.A.), and he missed the first few tunes. It was interesting seeing Dave and the gang work around Conrad’s absence. We really enjoyed the show and would be happy to do it weekly ($20) until things are normal again.